Summer Pedagogy Conferences for Popular & Commercial Voice Teachers
Summer Conference Season is here! Here are some of the biggies, listed in chronological order:
June 1-4, Boston, MA
Popular/Commercial-Centric voice pedagogy classes
- Matthew Edwards | What Science Can Teach Us about the Singing Voice and Why it Matters
- Kat Reinhert | Techniques in the Contemporary Voice Studio
- Matthew Edwards | Teaching Rock Singers Without Destroying Their Voices
Popular/Commercial-Centric Music Education classes out the wazoo. Here's just a few:
- Martina Vasil | Integrating Popular Music and Informal Music Learning Practices: A Multiple Case Study of Secondary School Music Teachers Enacting Change in Music Education
- Sarah Morrison and Donna DuPuy | Bridging the Gap: Linking Pedagogy and Technology for Popular Music Educators
- Toby W. Rush | Sufjan, Spektor, and Solfege: Popular Music as Aural Skills Exercises
June 1-5, Philadelphia, PA
- Jeannette LoVetri | The Confusion about Belting: A Workshop with Answers
- Katherine Eberle Fink | How to Vocalize for Contemporary Singing Genres
- Chandler Thompson, Noel Smith | Vocal Health and Technique for the Young Singer/Actor Engaged in Musical Theatre, CCM and Classical Music
July 8-12, Chicago, IL
- Melissa Cross, Sheri Sanders, with Mary Saunders-Barton | Pop/Rock Vocalism for the Music Theater Singer
- Kathryn Paradise | Musicianship for the Commercial Vocalist
- Edrie Means-Weekly | Making the Song Authentic: It's a Matter of Style
July 16-24, Shenandoah University, Winchester, VA
An entire week dedicated solely to teaching voice in CCM styles.
- Matthew Edwards, Artistic Director
- Kathryn Green, Executive Director
- Tom Arduini
- Marcelle Gauvin
- Edrie Means-Weekly
- Edward Reisert
July 18-29, Salt Lake City, UT
Dr. Ingo Titze
Block 3: Vocology for Performers
From the website: "A comparison of kinesthetic techniques for the singing/acting voice through a practical exploration of relaxation, posture, breathing, tone quality, diction, and interpretation. The student will gain an understanding of diverse methods of voice training in both singing and acting with practical application to their own voice use."
Did I miss any? Let me know in the comments!
You can find a regularly updated list of conferences, workshops, and events on the calendar.